Friday, July 18

God as Umpire

Two weeks ago, I was having a breakdown from a series of unfortunate events. My friend was gypped by another friend of ours and through all these, I kept asking why, does the Lord Almighty give me problems my friends or family have never thought of. Is it because I can catch, thats why He throws?
And for the first time in my life, my mom told me to rest earlier that Saturday so we could go to church the next day. The message that day? ... Do good to those who hate us...Ask the Lord to bless those who curse us and pray or those who mistreat us. How appropriate was that?!?
One of my dearest friend's having serious problems... problems even a Mocha Frappucino or a San Miguel beer can't fix. His dad's business partner kicked them out of their own property. On the rare occasions that I do see my friend, I watched him brave his daily ordeals as the situations shaken his faith, and as his family continue their walk with God.

Very recently, the Lord has shown grave calamity to their antagonist. When lightning strikes at your opponent's territory, does it show who God's side is on when he umpires?

0 comments::