Wednesday, July 23

Hate the Sting, Not the Scorpion (22.May.2008)

There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of thewater, but the scorpion stung him again. A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him. But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I giveup my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"
For me, this is a story for those who would want to justify their stubborness and insist on faltering and be proud of doing so. I think people's reaction would either hate or love this story. Those who reckon with my sentiments shall shrug their shoulders and say "...screw him, its his fault". Those who beg to disagree shall insist on something else. Love. Chance. Hope. Whatever sugar and spice and anything nice there is to it, may you stay happy on your scorpion-stung days.

0 comments::