Friday, August 8

Inside the Pandora’s Box

"It was said that years ago, Zeus ordered to have a woman created as punishment for mankind. Pandora was given a few traits by each god. And although Zeus warned his brother Epithemeus not to get near her, like most men he did and ended up marrying Pandora instead.

Pandora was given a large jar by Zeus and was instructed not to open it. But out of curiosity (as most girls) she did and got all sort of evilness out of the jar. Good thing she was quick to close it, and one thing was left... HOPE.

My unexpected trip to Cebu brought back bittersweet memories. A lot has changed. A lot of my friends have kids now. My “bro” has 2 girlfriends. (What a stud!) But of course, my soul-sister Faye and I still share the same happy cells and love for fashion.


I met her at Caltex, in the middle of nowhere and asked her if she wanted a drink. She was wearing a black asymmetrical top and a pretty short frou –frou skirt. That’s her version. What really happened was, I was with this girl she knew, and when they exchanged hellos, I asked her if she wanted a drink coz I was on my way to the store. She declined politely. So that’s what really happened. But who cares, we’re still friends and we still love our alcohol.


So yeah, talking to her in person has made me realize that life is good and things do change. She’s been in Cebu all these time, but has done so well with herself. (Ukay lovers in Cebu, please message me!!! Really good and cheap stuff!) She has also reminded me that love exists. (Check out a picture of her and her extremely nice and hot boyfriend ------> ) Incidentally, he has opened a pretty successful “tapsilugan” in the middle of nowhere. (Puwede pa rin bang tapsilugan kung walang tapa? Hungarian Sausage bestseller daw kasi nila.) Anyhoo, I was very happy to see this couple and even had the privilege of listening to his band jam like 4 doors down. So happy indeed that I brought friends over the next day.


Thank you so much Payuy for giving me hope, for reminding me of our creed we took for granted, and that is to dance like noone's watching and love like you've nevere been hurt. So dear Lawrence, may your chicken wings be a little less salty, and your menu expand, may the Hungarian sausage from the middle of nowhere create chaos in the road to Ayala and may you continue to serve comfort food for the love of rock music and ice cold beer. And as you serenaded me with My Chemical Romance’s “Helena”, I bid you good night.

Mishu Payuy!!! ^_^



0 comments::